Organic Riccia Napoletana Papaccella in vinegar
Organic Neapolitan Papaccella Napoletana, white wine vinegar, whole sea salt
Neapolitan papaccella seeds are kept in the Germplasm Banks, from which ancient vegetable or fruit varieties at risk of extinction can be drawn.
It may interest you
Papaccella Riccia Napoletana Whole in vinegar: a treasure of Neapolitan gastronomy to be enhanced
Whole Neapolitan Riccia Napoletana Papaccella in vinegar is one of the treasures of Neapolitan gastronomy that makes the traditional dishes of Campania unique. Thanks to its crunchy texture and delicate flavour, curly papaccella is perfect for enriching salads, bruschetta and omelettes. In addition, the vinegar in which the curly papaccella is preserved gives it a sweet and sour flavour that makes it even more delicious.
Whole Neapolitan curly papaccella in vinegar and its thousand-year history: curiosities and traditions
Papaccella Riccia Napoletana Whole in Vinegar is a product of Neapolitan cuisine with origins going back thousands of years. Its history is linked to the culture and traditions of the city of Naples, where this vegetable is a symbol of local gastronomy. Whole curly papaccella is highly prized for its health benefits:
- Rich in vitamins, such as vitamin C
- Rich in antioxidants
- It is an ideal food for purifying the body
Papaccella Riccia Napoletana whole in vinegar as a main ingredient for delicious dishes
Papaccella Riccia Napoletana Whole in Vinegar is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many dishes. Among the many possibilities, one of the most popular is to use it as the main ingredient in delicious dishes. Whether raw or cooked, whole curly papaccella can be used to prepare starters, first courses and main courses. For example, it can be stuffed with cheese and cold meats for a tasty starter, or used with cherry tomatoes and basil as a sauce for pasta. Whole curly papaccella can also be combined with meat and fish to create dishes with an intense and distinctive flavour. Thanks to its unique flavour and intense aroma, whole Neapolitan Curly Paprika in vinegar is the perfect ingredient to add a touch of originality to your recipes.
Papacella Riccia Napoletana from tradition to Generation Z
In typical Neapolitan cuisine, pickled papaccella has always been the key ingredient for:
- the typical Christmas salad (insalata di rinforzo), a more substantial dish made with cauliflower, olives, capers and anchovies, a side dish of a Christmas menu called "di magro" because it is based on fish;
- for pork dishes, papaccella vinegar will help to make the flavour of ribs, sausages and stews less overpowering;
- fried cod, used as a side dish, either cut in strips or fried in plenty of oil for a rich and tasty flavour.
Today, papaccella has a new lease of life and young people have learned to appreciate it:
- on pizza
- in gourmet pasta dishes that mix tradition and innovation, reduced to an extraordinary creamy dressing for paccheri or Neapolitan ziti, or stuffed with pasta
- in hamburger sandwiches
- in poke